This is a summertime staple. Whether it’s lunch, dinner, a quick low- carb snack, a party/ shower main dish to serve on a croissant, or our favorite~ paninis, this chicken salad is sure to please!
This page contains affiliate links.
No pots and pans are required with this recipe. A can opener, large mixing bowl, firm mixing spoon, cutting board, and sharp knife are the only kitchen utensils needed.
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced
- 1 can canned chicken 12.5 oz Kirkland chunk chicken
- 2 tbs real mayonaise more or less may be used according to preference
- dash salt & pepper according to preference
To begin, drain the chicken, break up the the chicken in large mixing bowl
Secondly,combine the chopped vegetables and stir in a quarter cup of mayonnaise
Finally, the most favored low- carb way of serving (and eating) this is in a heart of Romaine lettuce boat.
To make chicken salad paninis: replace the diced carrot and cucumber with 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
spreads on 4 standard slices of bread, topped with a tbs Italian Dressing, a tomato slice and another slice of bread.
My favorite grill for this sandwich is the George Foreman Grill.
This is not just an easy dinner to pull off on a busy weeknight, but I have doubled it and used it for a home fellowship group for well over 10 people. The crispy buttery goodness of this meal also qualifies it as a comfort food!
I love to stock up on the 12.5 ounce cans of chunk chicken. Walmart’s Great Value brand or Costco’s Kirkland brand are my favorites.
This page contains affiliate links
Chicken, Broccoli,Rice, & Cheddar Bake
This recipe doubles well. It also freezes excellently. It can be made with ingredients from your pantry except for the fresh broccoli.
- 1 can chunk chicken drained
- 2 cups cooked rice perfect whole grain rice link
- 1 cup chopped broccoli coarsely chopped crown
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup shreaded cheddar shredded colby jack works well too!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt *for lower sodium use 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube Ritz Crackers Saltines work well too!
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
drain the chicken
in a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, the cooked rice and the chopped broccoli
Creamy Cheesy Sauce: in a separate bowl whip together the condensed soup, a cup of milk, a cup of shredded cheese, the garlic salt and pepper
Fold the Creamy Cheesy Sauce into the chicken rice and broccoli mix
spread in a lightly greased13 x 9 pan
crush the tube of crackers, sprinkle on top of casserole, drizzle with the melted butter
bake at 350 for 30 minutes.