Hearty Spinach/ Chicken Cheese Dip with Bacon
- Crock Pot Instant Pot
- 1 8 oz. bar cream cheese
- 1 12.5 oz. chunk chicken drained
- 1 10 oz. box frozen spinach defrost
- 1/2 c. bacon pieces
- 1 c. mozzarella shredded
- Put first three ingredients in the instant pot on soup setting.
- Push pressure valve down and press start.
- After 35 minutes, timer will sound. Release pressure valve with fork to avoid steam burn. Stir in bacon bits and mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Mexican Cactus Salad Side-dish
- Festive Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 c. Dona Marias Nopolitas (tender cactus) diced
- 1 c. canned corn drained
- 1 c. canned Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 c. diced green onion
- 1 TBS Cilntro dried and crushed
- 1 TBS garlic
- Drain and rinse the cactus. Dice 1 cup put in a mixing bowl.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes. add 1 c. to diced cactus in mixing bowl.
- Drain corn and stir 1 c. to previous ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Blend 1/2 c diced green onions, 1 TBS of cilantro and 1 TBS garlic to salad. mix well and add a pinch of salt to ignite flavors.
- Finally, chill salad for 1 hour before serving or let in marinate itself overnight in the refrigerator.
The term “quick grab and eat” cracks me up because that’s the exact same thing I’d say as I rummaged through the fridge when I was a teenager. By the way, these are only “quick” if they’re already made. However, a 30 min. assembly and bake time for this delectable, tasty, protein packed breakfast bite is more than reasonable!
Ham Egg & Cheese Bites
- Muffin Pan
- Pam Spray
- 12 slices ham lunch meat
- 12 medium to large eggs
- 12 pinches cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 TBS diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press each ham slice into the muffin cups.
- Crack 1 egg into each ham lined cup.
- Bake for 20 min. until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and put a pinch of cheese one each ham & egg cup while hot.
- Cool for 10 min. Scoop out each ham, egg, & cheese bite with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with diced green onion and serve.
- These store wonderfully in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze. Just thaw to room temperature and warm up for 30 sec. in microwave.
Of course, there is no such thing as “perfect,” only real. This is a real story on how I finally mastered making a really good omelet in an imperfect pan until I got my 8″ T-fal skillet!!
A busy work week had ended. Saturday morning seemed like a great time to surprise hubby with breakfast in bed! I was off to the kitchen to fire up the coffee pot and make the perfect omelette with his favorite filling- chili. Everything was wonderful, including the garnish on the plate. When I served it, he smiled and said, “you knew I like pepper!”
“yeah,” I said, “give me a minute….I forgot the toast.”
“whoa,” I thought, “do I know that? when did this start? did I even add pepper?! omg, it’s not pepper! curse you, cheap and chipping grocery store pan!” So, I chose the quickest fix possible- I lined the pan with foil & whipped 2 more eggs with cream of course, melted new butter… (re- purposed the same chili filing with cheese,) but this time, seasoned the omelet with pepper!
So, we attempted breakfast again. All was well until he asked about that toast. Ha ha, it was toasted right where I put it (and forgot about it) in the toaster.
The Perfect Omelet
- 1/2 TBS butter
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1 tsp, half & half cream
- 2 TBS already prepared taco meat or chili
- 1 TBS shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in 8-inch pan heated on level 2
- Beat eggs with cream and add to heated pan then cover.
- Wait three to four minutes until omelette base has formed.
- Put 2 tablespoons of filling on one side, sprinkle 1 TBS of cheese on top of filling,
- Fold over empty side and lightly press down with spatula. Wait 1 minute for cheese to adhere to top half.
Porcupine (turkey & rice) Meatballs
- 1 lg, egg
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. rice
- 1/4 c. green pepper diced
- 1/4 c. onion diced
- 2 TBS breadcrumbs Italian
- 1 TBS ketchup
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- First, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a jellyroll baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg,mix in ground turkey, garlic, Parmesan cheese, rice, green pepper, onion, breadcrumbs, and ketchup. Stir until well combined.
- Next, scoop mixture into meatballs using a ¼ c. scoop and then place on the prepared baking sheet. This should make 15 meatballs (or 1 meatloaf.)
- This first bake is for 25 min.
- After the first 25 min. turn each meatball over and bake for another 25 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan warm up tomato soup, brown sugar, water and , Worcestershire sauce for the gravy.
- Finally, remove from oven and serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy.
Looking for your next “perfect dish to pass”at a party?
This low carb broccoli salad is tasty, simple, and goes excellently with pretty much anything!
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Salad
- 4 c. broccoli chopped
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. bacon bits
- 1/2 c. onion diced
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Stevia or prefered sweetener
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, in a large bowl, mix broccoli, cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, bacon bits, and onion.
- Secondly, In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, sweetener, and milk.
- Thirdly, combine sauce into broccoli mixture.
- Finally, cool and let salad marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
Keto Coconut Flour Waffle
- 8 oz cream cheese soften in microwave 30 sec.
- 7 eggs
- 2 TBS vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Soften cream cheese in microwave 30-45 sec.
- Blend cream cheese, eggs and vanilla thoroughly.
- Mix in coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Scoop batter by 1/2 cup measures onto oiled/ sprayed waffle iron. Cooks approx. 3.5 min.
- Top with fruit, syrup, powdered sugar, or just serve plain. Enjoy!
Because coconut flour has no gluten in it, it does not make a great cold sandwich bread. However, grilled cheeses, patty melts, and paninis work perfect! This bread is very thick and grainy (which I love because it is a meal in itself- slathered in butter and jam!) Unfortunately, it doesn’t stay together well in the toaster, so, I suggest warming up a piece in a buttered skillet.
Coconut Flour Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 8 TBS coconut flour
- 2 TBS arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl mix eggs coconut oil, butter and almond milk (I call this the glue stage because it is truly wat holds this bread together.)
- In a large bowl sift together coconut flour, arrowroot powder and baking powder,
- Slowly blend in the ‘glue’ wet mixture into the dry flour bowl. Mix until it’s smooth.
- Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes
- Scoop batter into greased 7 in 3/8 bread pan in bake bread until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 40 minutes.
Wait – what happened?!
It feels like hubby just snapped this picture last week and now everyone is big and [very] busy!
This is one of my favorite memories~ we were juggling home school group, t-ball practice, Awanas at 7, but first [squeeze in] dinnertime!
Hello, my name is Jennifer and I love to make new recipes, meal plans, and anything that makes busy life simpler. Come on in, relax with a cup of coffee and toss together one of our quick and simple snacks.